Vice President of Development
The Vice President of Development is responsible for all aspects of fundraising and development activities for Rainbows United. This individual displays a passion for Rainbows and our mission, forging strong relationships to build the Agency’s visibility, impact, and financial resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, develops, implements, and oversees all fundraising and development activities for Rainbows United, Inc. and Rainbows United Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Provides vision, direction, and oversight to donor cultivation, solicitation, recognition, events, annual fund, special projects, endowment/planned giving, and capital campaigns.
- Fosters donor relationships and solicits major gifts for the Agency.
- Oversees an annual fundraising budget of over one million dollars.
- Promotes the Agency within the community to ensure a broad base of funding resources.
- Serves as a public representative of the Agency, articulating the Agency’s mission and needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to serve as a successful team member on the Executive Leadership Team and to interact effectively with the Agency and Foundation Boards of Directors.
- Provides leadership to the Development Department staff, volunteers, and outside consultants.
- Assists Agency President with Board development activities.
- Serves as Agency Representative to Rainbows United Charitable Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors.
- Cultivates, develops and oversees Private Charitable Foundation Grant submissions and awards.
- Administers and monitors fundraising and development revenues and expenses in relation to annual budget.
- Facilitates membership and activities of Agency auxiliary group, Friends of the Heart.
- The above job functions are representative and not meant to be all inclusive.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Nonprofit Leadership, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in Development position, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) upon employment.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising processes and adherence to professional codes of ethics.
- Strong relationship skills, with ability to work with a wide variety of individuals of all socio-economic statuses.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills to include a working knowledge of industry related software, Microsoft Office programs and graphics software.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work both independently and as a team member, and have excellent organizational skills. Skilled at group and volunteer facilitation.