Date: Aug 9, 2023
Location: Wichita, KS, US
Company: Sedgwick County
Pay: $19.07 per hour.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8a-5p
Sedgwick County offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes health coverages, paid leave, regular compensation reviews, retirement plans, and professional development opportunities. For more detailed information, please visit our benefits page at SCBenefits.
Supports local initiatives and special projects with a primary focus on assisting the Sedgwick County Developmental Disability Organization (SCDDO) make progress on its strategic priorities. Assists with focusing the efforts of the CDDO and its partners in addressing the critical needs of those with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD) and the IDD provider network in the most innovative, effective and collaborative manner possible.
Administration and Support for SCDDO and Strategic Initiatives
- Assist the SCDDO Deputy Director and Management Team by providing executive support for identified strategic initiatives (examples include: Community Council, DSPaths, community capacity initiatives, etc.), including driving to meetings as well as transporting supplies and setting up for meetings.
- Conduct research on assigned subjects
- Coordinate meetings with initiative stakeholders
- Furthering the SCDDO goal of creating a trauma informed system of care
- Manage grants to community agencies
- Act as the liaison with Sedgwick County Finance related to grants
- Identify collaborative opportunities to advance SCDDO mission and strategic goals
- Seek grant opportunities as appropriate
- Assist the SCDDO in meeting state mandated tasks
Liaison to Project SEARCH
- Collaborate with all Project SEARCH sites in Sedgwick County, KS
- Ensure eligible Project SEARCH interns connect with CDDO, as appropriate
- Manage a Business Advisory Council to facilitate intern growth and promote connections between local employers and Project SEARCH program participants
- Arrange for mock interviews and other activities to assist interns develop skills needed to gain employment
- Manage Sedgwick County Project SEARCH website and the annual virtual reverse job fair
- Collaborate with stakeholders to resolve barriers to employment
- Promote Project SEARCH including delivering presentations and meeting with interested parties
Outreach and Public Relations
- Prepare and deliver presentations regarding CDDO programs and initiatives
- Participate in collaborative efforts to improve opportunities for individuals with disabilities
- Prepare reports and department communications
- Compile administrative data and statistics
- Assist with other special projects as needed
Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s Degree from an accredited university in Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, Public Administration or a related field. Education may be substituted with experience, with one year of experience for one year of education. Two years’ experience in a human service field. Per Sedgwick County Policy, this is a driving level position that requires a valid US driver’s license without restrictions and current proof of automobile insurance. Must submit to criminal, abuse/neglect registry background checks. One year experience with Microsoft Suite or similar systems.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Services related field. Two years’ experience in a human service field, including the intellectual/developmental disability service system.
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Human Resources by phone at (316) 660-7050, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777). Do not use this phone number for employment questions. This number is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Nearest Major Market: Wichita
Job Segment: Sociology, Social Sciences