Rainbows is empowering children and families and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for a Social Worker. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The Social Worker serves young children with Developmental Disabilities in the home, and community settings ages 0-3.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Conducts intakes, gathers social histories, and coordinates community resources for families.
- Completes all required data entry at intake to start child’s electronic file.
- Participates in the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) Team.
- Schedules and coordinates all eligibility evaluations, including staff needed to perform evaluations, for assigned hemisphere.
- Conducts eligibility evaluations.
- Works with the transdisciplinary team to achieve the educational and developmental goals of the child.
- Leads weekly team meetings for assigned hemisphere
- Publishes agenda at least 24 hours prior to assigned teaming time
- Maintains records as required.
- Completes required tasks in a timely manner.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Provides daily oversight of and guidance to Primary Service Providers and Family Case Manager in assigned hemisphere including:
- Monitoring Caseloads and, when needed, controlling size of caseloads at weekly team meetings.
- Serving as the hemisphere expert in Part C Parent Rights and guiding Primary Service Providers.
- Coaching staff in the Primary Service Provider model of service delivery.
- Supporting team members in reaching their performance expectations including completing the monthly minimum target visits held.
- Provide emotional support to team members as it relates to their work.
- Completes Performance Appraisal for Primary Service Providers and Family Case Manager in assigned hemisphere in conjunction with the Program Coordinator.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
- Current Kansas Licensure, BSRB license.
- Prior experience working with children with special needs preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Genuine interest and caring for children and families.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with parents, children, public, and other professionals.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Personal qualities of integrity, creditability, and a commitment to the Rainbows’ Mission and Guiding Principles.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
STATUS: This position works 220 days per year (1760 hours annually)
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in homes, and community settings as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May require frequent extended work days. Requires some travel between RUI sites, family homes, and other community agencies.