Mosaic serves more than 5,200 people in 13 states and 750 communities. Services are tailored to meet individual needs and goals, allowing people to be as independent as possible. Services are designed for people with disabilities, mental and behavioral health needs and autism, as well as aging adults.
If making a positive impact in the lives of others is a constant on your to-do list — you’ll LOVE working with a team that puts people first.
We’re looking for a Quality Coordinator to join our team!
At Mosaic, we empower people to live as independently as possible. As a Quality Coordinator, you’ll oversee the quality aspects of individuals served in the agency, focusing primarily on quality, accreditation and compliance outcomes.
Who will love this job:
A natural helper – You have a knack for sensing the emotions of those around you, often feeling what others are feeling as though the emotions are your own.
A collaborator- you know that cross-functional teams come up with the most successful solutions
A creative problem-solver – you aren’t afraid to analyze a situation, identify potential problems and make any necessary adjustments
A visionary – you see the bigger picture and strive to reach those big goals.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Provide oversight of agencies regulatory review systems including development of plans of correction and monitoring of plans to ensure effectiveness.
- Assist with the design and implementation of operational systems that ensure quality services.
- Coordinate quality assurance processes to ensure compliance with all regulatory, accreditation and policy requirements.
Extras we think you’ll love:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Professional & Personal Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (you earn it from day 1!)
- You’re comfortable and even thrive in fast-paced environments where you learn something new every day
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare of Social Services
- Two years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Strong background in quality metrics, analyzing data in a thoughtful and purposeful manner
- High intrinsic motivation to serve others through an individual-centric operations method
- Experience working in an intermediate care facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities
Monday-Friday traditional business hours with on-call responsibilities
Apply here: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1076241&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000834946806&_fromPublish=true#/