If making a positive impact in the lives of others is a constant on your to-do list — you’ll LOVE working with a team that puts people first.
We are looking for a Facilities Maintenance Specialist to join our team!
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with repairs and maintenance for all agency property, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organization standards.
Who will love this job:
A problem solver – you’re not afraid to test, iterate, and chip in ideas when it comes to solutions. You roll with the punches and can adapt, but are excited to be a part of the fix
A detail enthusiast – you understand that the “little things” matter when supporting the people we serve
A go-getter- you enjoy tackling new challenges and have an innate source of intensity, energy and power that enables you to get things done.
As a Facilities Maintenance Specialist, you’ll:
- Assist in the maintenance and general repair of plumbing, air conditioning, heating, appliances and vehicles.
- Assist with the maintenance of grounds, including trimming shrubs, mowing lawns and snow removal and ensuring that grounds are free of hazards.
- Repair and maintain homes to keep them in good condition for licensure.
- Collaborate with outside contractors for repair and maintenance of electrical and plumbing equipment, carpentry, painting, alarms, fire sprinklers and vehicles.
- Redesign work areas to be more efficient and user friendly and ensure that facilities comply with regulatory requirements.
- Purchase, distribute and store supplies.
Extras we think you’ll love:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Professional & Personal Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (you earn it from day one!)
Ideally, you should have:
- Working knowledge of home, office and vehicle maintenance
- Experience operating standard shop equipment and tools
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience in maintenance work
- A valid state driver’s license is required. Other licenses may be required depending on the city, country or state
Good to have (but not deal breakers):
- Experience in construction is preferred
Hours vary- typically between 8a-5p but could require evening or weekend for emergencies. Flexible schedule.