Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for the Occupational Therapist. As a leading non-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs, and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
An Occupational Therapist serves young children with Developmental Disabilities in the home, and community settings ages 0-5. This individual must have a genuine interest in working with children and their families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Develops and implements effective treatment plans in coordination with other team members.
- Supervises Occupational Therapist Assistant.
- Conducts Developmental Assessments.
- Works with the transdisciplinary team to achieve the educational and developmental goals of the child.
- Maintains records as required.
- Participates in IFSP/IEP team.
- Completes required tasks in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Current Kansas License in Occupational Therapy required.
- Previous Occupational Therapist experience preferred but will consider new graduates.
- Prior experience working with children with Special Needs preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with parents, children, public, and other professionals.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in homes, and community settings as needed
Apply online at: https://rainbowsunited.org/jobs/occupational-therapist/