Mental Health Specialist- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Sign-On Bonus: We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus to the candidate who fills this role! The first $2,500 will be paid on the first check after employment begins and the second $2,500 will be paid out after completing one year of service.
Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Mental Health Specialist in Sedgwick County. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
Provide social/emotional support and Mental Health Therapy Services to children birth to age 5 while working with children, their parents, and/or their Early Childhood Teacher.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Screens children 0-5 for Social-Emotional concerns.
- Assess children 0-5 for Mental Health concerns.
- Works with parents and child care providers to develop behavior interventions to address concerns in the child’s natural environment.
- Visits children 0-5 in their natural environments to assist in the implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Makes referrals for children 0-5 and their families to best meet their Social-Emotional and Developmental Needs.
- Attends and participates in multidisciplinary team meetings as well as team meetings within the Mental Health discipline.
- Trains parents and child care providers during formal training sessions.
- Provides Mental Health Consultation to child care providers and infant/toddler team members.
- Attends trainings and in services as required by RUI and maintain licensure with Kansas BSRB.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possesses a genuine caring for and interest in children.
- Masters Degree in Mental Health field, with appropriate licensure.
- Prefer 1-2 years’ previous experience working with families.
- Ability to deal effectively with public and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Keep appropriate documentation of all cases per the standards of Rainbows United, Inc. and grant funding sources.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
STATUS: This position works 201 days per year (1608 hours)
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoors, and occasional outdoors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May require frequent extended work days.
APPLY ONLINE at https://rainbowsunited.org/careers