Are you looking for a meaningful opportunity in your own home? Become a Host Home / Shared Living provider with Mosaic at Home®! Income opportunity ranges from $1,600 to $4,600/mo. *Must reside in the state of Kansas (due to state funding) and own or rent your home.
For more than 30 years, Mosaic has provided improved quality of life, greater stability and increased community access for people with disabilities with at-home services.
As an Independent Contractor, your primary responsibility is to maintain a safe and healthy home environment for the individual supported.
Caring for individuals is more than just helping people with their daily activities. It is assisting in cultivating life skills and fostering independence. You will be sharing your home with an individual, not just having someone live in a room in your home. Sharing your home means participating in activities, sharing chores and matching interests and lifestyles.
An independent Contractor (IC) will welcome an individual with a disability to reside in their home. IC’s support the individual by providing a safe and nurturing home environment to foster personal growth and independence. Duties vary for each individual from minimal support (i.e., budgeting, medication, transportation, activities of daily living or ADL’s) to full support (i.e., dressing, toileting, feeding, positive behavioral support, etc.). As an Independent Contractor, our organization will assist you with identifying an individual that is welcomed into your home and best fits your family dynamic.
- Provide support for tasks such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, budgeting, decision making, etc.
- Skill acquisition
- Medication administration
- Medical appointments
- Support with overall health and well-being
- Daily documentation via web-based case management application (THERAP)
- Provide fun and leisure experiences to the individual by providing opportunities of community inclusion, integration and socialization
- Compliance with all state/agency policy and procedures
- Communicate effectively with team members as needed
- Support physical needs of individual served
- Provide transportation
- Assistance with bathing, toileting, feeding, behavioral support, etc.
- Provide support for medical protocols, such as seizure, fall, feeding tube, etc.
- Care for someone with complex physical/medical needs (i.e., hearing impaired, vision impaired, non-ambulatory, etc.)
- Potential support of behavioral issues.
- Transportation, valid driver’s license, car insurance and current registration
- Active home/renters insurance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Experience preferred but not required
- Reliable computer and internet access
- Complete all state mandated trainings
- Environmentally safe and clean residence
- Ability to pass State/Federal and APS/CPS background check