Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Early Childhood Special Education Teacher. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The ECSE Teacher works with families and children birth to 5 years of age with developmental disabilities in a community based setting. This person will work to develop the IFSP with the family and monitor progress of the child.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Provides a warm and nurturing environment in which the children can grow.
- Develops educational planning, both long term and short term.
- Develops IFSP with the family
- Works with an interdisciplinary team to achieve the educational and developmental goals of the child.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Collects and enter data as required
- Maintains good communication with the supervisors, parents, and other staff members.
- Complies with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education required.
- ECSE certification required or Certifications in ECH, EC, SE, and ECU will be considered.
- 1 year working with special needs children in a teaching capacity or a supervised practicum preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with parents, children, public, and other professionals.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates homes, and community settings as needed.
Apply online at: https://rainbowsunited.org/jobs/esce-teacher/