Do you enjoy helping people and getting them where they need to go?
Futures is looking for candidates to fill openings for a part-time substitute driver. The substitute drivers fill-in for the regular drivers on an “as needed” basis.
The physical demands of the position require:
- Be able to get in and out of various vans and buses independently.
- Bend, stoop, kneel and crouch on a routine basis to position passengers and secure mobility devices.
- Be able to routinely push and pull riders in wheelchairs to load in/out of vans and buses.
- Be able to routinely lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to assist passengers and their belongings from origin to destination.
Starting wage for the position is $11.00 per hour.
Skills required for the job include a friendly, positive attitude and a desire to make a difference in the live’s of the people Futures Unlimited supports.
This position requires a current drivers license. A Kansas commercial driver’s license will be required within 90 days of hire date. Training to obtain the commercial drivers license will be paid training and provided by Futures Unlimited.
Work as a driver– enabling and empowering our community–while making someone’s day.