Rainbows is empowering children and families and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Direct Support Professionals. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The Direct Support Professional serves children age birth to 21 with Developmental Disabilities in a home or facility setting. This person will attend to daily living activities and maintain open communication with parents or guardians and the Program Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Assists the client in home or center based setting with activities of daily living as required.
- Maintains the physical environment in appropriate condition.
- Provides input to parent/guardian/site coordinator regarding care, and any accidents, or problems.
- Maintains open communication with the Program Coordinator or his/her designee.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Auto insurance.
- Previous experience working with Special Needs preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently as well as a great team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to effectively deal with children and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Must have ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non–Exempt
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in home or center-based setting.
STATUS: Part-time (up to 29 hours per week)
- Weekday-Part-time- hours vary according to family needs.
- Monday-Friday: 6:30 A.M. – 8:30 A.M
- Monday-Friday: 3:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
- Weekend-Part time hours- hours vary according to family needs
- Saturday-Sunday: Anytime