Rainbows is a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families. We are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force. Rainbows is seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for the position of Development Assistant.
A Development Assistant assists in research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors for Rainbows. This individual must have a passion for our mission. The Development Assistant reports to the Vice President of Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSABILITIES):
- Conducts preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
- Maintains Raiser’s Edge Database and assist with maintaining donor files.
- Regularly runs pledge reports, creates invoices and prepares acknowledge letters.
- Assists with direct mailings.
- Reviews bank statements and reconcile deposits with the finance staff.
- Assembles media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Maintains guest lists; prepare registration materials and other duties associated with fundraising events.
- Assists with grant writing and reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree.
- Rasier’s Edge Software knowledge is preferred.
- Prefer 1 year working with Non-Profit.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Must have the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately in an oftentimes fast-paced, work area.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately.
Visit rainbowsunited.org to apply.