Do you have a passion for teaching and empowering future generations to be school-ready? As our county’s premier early childhood provider we are looking to pair our excellent job opportunity with the right candidate. We offer a supportive, highly-collaborative, and FUN work environment with 34 years of experience in early childhood education.
Join our team and work for a place with more benefits than you would expect!.
Futures is looking for candidates to fill openings for full-day classroom teacher for the 2022- 23 school year . The position begins in August 2022 and the days the position is required to work closely follows the local school district calendar.
The classroom teacher is responsible to perform functions that meet the Head Start professional requirements to include:
- Planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children ages 3-5, including improving the readiness of these children for school by developing their literacy, phonemic, and print awareness, their understanding and use of language, their understanding and use of increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, their understanding of early math and early science, their problem-solving abilities and their approaches to learning.
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment.
- Supporting the social and emotional development of children.
- Encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in our Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families.
Full-day positions feature a great benefits package, affordable health insurance and paid time off.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Skills required for the job include a desire to make a difference in the lives of the children and families Futures Unlimited supports.
Degree requirements for the position are:
- A current professional Kansas teaching license with the Early Childhood Unified (ECU) or Early Childhood Special Education endorsement: or
- Currently enrolled in a bachelors or advanced degree program relating to early childhood education with the intent to obtain a professional teaching license with the Early Childhood Unified (ECU) endorsement.
- Experience teaching preschool-age children.
A valid drivers license is required for the position.