Rainbows is empowering children and families and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Autism Specialist. As a leading non-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs, and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Autism Specialist develops, maintains, and trains staff and implements behavior plans. Each Autism Specialist manages a team of Behavior Technicians that will work together to provide ABA Therapy to our clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Conducts behavior assessments to determine client needs, functions of problem behaviors and the significant skills.
- Develops individual behavior plans.
- Provides support and direction to other Behavior Technicians including monitoring client data, making data-driven decisions about programming, and monitoring Behavior Technicians hours.
- Adhere to BCBA best practice standards and guidelines.
- Completes and maintain training and continuing education requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate the following:
- Communicates effectively with Program Coordinator, Behavior Technicians and other stakeholders.
- Understands behavioral principles and how to effectively implement them.
- A strong belief in data-driven behavior change.
- Masters Degree in Social Services related field and BCBA Certification.
- Two years’ experience providing behavior services to children with Autism and other Developmental Disabilities.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently as well as a great team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent people skills.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in Rainbows’ facilities, in the community, as well as client’s homes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May require frequent extended work days. Requires some travel between RUI sites, other community agencies and throughout the state.
APPLY ONLINE at https://rainbowsunited.org/careers/