Demonstrate competency to plan and implement home-based learning experiences that ensure effective implementation of the curriculum and promote children’s process across the standards in the Early Learning Outcomes Framework. Act as a resource for parents to strengthen the family’s knowledge of child development, including assisting parents to understand how children grow and learn. Facilitate learning by integrating health and nutrition education into the program and conduct child education activities that meet the child’s intellectual, physical, emotional and social needs. Assist parents to strengthen their knowledge of community resources and support parents in problem-solving.
Skills required for the job include a desire to make a difference in the lives of the children and families Futures Unlimited supports.
Minimum Requirement for the position are:
- Home Visitor Child Development Associates (CDA) or comparable credential
- Equivalent coursework as part of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive throughout Sumner County.
Preferred requirements for the position are:
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development, social work or related field.
- Successful work experience in a related position involving direct interaction with children or families.